2021 - 2022 Housing

Humboldt State University is monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and closely working with, and following stringent guidelines from, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), State of California, and Humboldt County health agencies. For campus updates, go to https://campusready.humboldt.edu/testing_vaccine#94

Changes to our Housing Operations

Students living on-campus are required to be fully vaccinated upon moving into the residence halls or qualify for a medical or religious exemption.

Unvaccinated students who have qualified for a medical or religious exemption must quarantine for 10 days as soon as they move onto campus AND test twice per week for the first two weeks on campus, followed by one test per week until moving out.

For more information on vaccination requirements, please visit https://campusready.humboldt.edu/testing_vaccine#94

Room Accommodations

All rooms, regardless of their original bedroom type, or number of occupants, will be charged the rate of a double room for the area they are in.

Quarantine & Safety

  • All residents are required to be vaccinated before move-in. Vaccination cards must be uploaded at the following link https://wellbeing.humboldt.edu/immunizations.
  • All individuals participating in the move-in process will be required to wear a face covering at all times. 
  • Face masks will be required in all buildings and common areas. Residents do not need to wear masks in their rooms or apartments.
  • Residents will have access to face masks and hand sanitizer as needed. 


Will residents be required to be vaccinated to live in the residence halls? Yes, all residents must complete their COVID-19 vaccine before move-in. Residents must upload their vaccination card to the Student Health Center. For more information about vaccination and testing please go to https://campusready.humboldt.edu/testing_vaccine#94

Where should students send their proof of vaccination cards? Students should upload their vaccination card at the following link https://wellbeing.humboldt.edu/immunizations

What will be the rate of my room? All rooms, regardless of room type, will be charged the rate of a double room for the area they are in. All furniture will remain in room. For more information on rates, go to our Rates page.

Will meal plans still be required? Meal plans are still required in all on-campus living areas except College Creek and Campus Apartments. For more information on rates, go to our Rates page. For more information visit campusready.humboldt.edu/guide/dining-services

What if I decide to move out before the end of the semester? If you decide you need to move out before the end of the semester, you will need to complete a Vacate Form, and properly checkout.

Will there be Resident Advisors (RAs) and Reslife Programing? Students living on-campus will have access to inclusive living communities and the kinds of learning opportunities that will support their holistic growth. Full-time staff including Residence Life Coordinators and RAs will continue to live on-campus and support residents through residential programs.

Are parking permits required?  Starting on August 1, 2021, all cars on campus will need to purchase and display the required permit. All other regulations are in effect 24 hours a day, every day of the year.  This includes Service & Yellow Loading Zones, Disabled & Reserved stalls, and Access Lanes. The Parking & Commuter Services Kiosk will be closed due to the COVID-19 protocol. Please see the Parking website for more information. 

What if a student who lives on-campus tests positive for COVID-19? Housing & Residence Life has reserved spaces for students testing positive for COVID-19 where they can quarantine. Dining will have a plan for food delivery and drop off for sick residents.